What is the purpose of the Usage Policy?
The terms and conditions that are indicated below (from now on policy, general conditions or conditions) regulate the access and use of the website www.veranda.tv (from now on, the site or website), whose exploitation is carried out and through which VERANDA MEDIA, S.L. provides information society services, with NIF B-65425027 (from now on VERANDA), with address at C/ Roselló nº34, 4º, 2-3-4, CP 08029, Barcelona, contact telephone 93 553 99 33 and contact email address email@example.com, registered in the Barcelona Mercantile Register in volume 42399, page B-406831, Folio 118, 1st inscription.
What is the scope of the Usage Policy?
Within the expression “site or web site” are included -with a delimiting but not restrictive character- the data, texts, graphics, images, animations, musical creations, videos, sounds, drawings, photographs and others included in the same, and, in general, all the creations expressed by any means or support, tangible or intangible regardless of whether they are susceptible or not of intellectual and industrial property in accordance with the applicable regulations in force.
What are the conditions of access to this site?
Access to and use of this site is free for any user and does not require prior registration. The navigation, access and visualization of the information and contents hosted in this site attributes the condition of “user person” and implies the acceptance of all the conditions included in the present policy of use.
The user is aware that access to and use of the contents of the site is under his sole and exclusive responsibility.
What is the purpose of this website?
This site is purely informative and only aims to provide information and content of interest about VERANDA and its activities.
What are the rights and obligations of the user?
The user may:
- Access free of charge and without prior registration to the contents and services of the site available as such. However, the cost of telephone access or any other type of expense for the connection to the access to the web site is paid exclusively by the user.
- Use available services and content.
- Download a single copy of the website for off-line viewing for personal, non-commercial purposes.
- To make a correct and licit use of the site, in accordance with the legislation in force, morality, good customs and public order.
Under no circumstances may the user be:
- To access or use the contents of the site for illicit purposes, harmful to the rights and freedoms of third parties, or which may harm, damage or prevent in any way, access to them, to the detriment of VERANDA or third parties.
- Use the contents, in whole or in part, to promote, sell, hire, disseminate advertising or information about themselves or others.
- Introduce information in the website or use the existing services in the same with the purpose of attacking – directly or indirectly – against the rights – and very specially the fundamental rights and public liberties – of other people who use the website or VERANDA; that incite or promote the realization of criminal, xenophobic, terrorist or degrading acts due to age, sex, religion or beliefs; or of pornographic, obscene, violent character or that attempt against the law, the morality or the good customs.
- Include hyperlinks in their private or commercial web pages to this website that are not limited solely to access to the home page of the website.
- Use the services and content offered through the site in a manner contrary to these conditions.
- Perform any action that prevents or hinders access to the site by other users.
- Use the website as a means of access to the Internet for the commission of illicit actions or actions contrary to the legislation in force, morality, good customs and public order.
- Use any type of computer virus, code, software, program, computer or telecommunications equipment, which may cause damage or unauthorized alteration of the content, programs or systems accessible through the services and content provided on the website or in the information systems, files and computer equipment; or unauthorized access to any content and/or services of the website.
- Eliminate or modify in any way the protection or identification devices of VERANDA or its legitimate owners over the contents hosted on the website, or the symbols that VERANDA or the legitimate third party owners of the rights incorporate to their creations that are the object of intellectual or industrial property existing on this website.
- Include in websites of your responsibility or property “metatags” corresponding to brands, commercial names or distinctive signs property of VERANDA.
- Reproduce totally or partially this website in another website; you may not make frames to the site that hide or modify – by way of limitation but not limitation – content, advertising spaces and trademarks of VERANDA or third parties, whether or not they involve acts of unfair competition or confusion.
- Create frames within a website of your responsibility or property that reproduce the home page and/or the pages accessible through the home page of this website without the previous authorization of VERANDA.
- Using the brand, commercial names, as well as any other identifying sign that is subject to intellectual or industrial property rights, without the prior express written authorization of its owner.
- Carry out any action that involves the reproduction, distribution, copying, rental, public communication, transformation or any other similar action that involves the modification or alteration of all or part of the contents and services of the site or the economic exploitation of them.
What are our rights and obligations?
VERANDA reserves the following rights:
- Modify unilaterally and without prior notice, the provision, configuration, content, services and access conditions of the site, as well as the conditions of use and access to the content offered. In each case, VERANDA will, when appropriate, warn of these changes in the corresponding general or particular conditions of use, as well as in other texts on the website.
- Determine the language in which the site is available
- Limit, exclude or condition access to the site when not all the guarantees of correct use of the site are given in accordance with the obligations and prohibitions assumed in this policy.
- To terminate the provision of a service or content, without prejudice to the provisions of the particular conditions governing the use of a given service and/or content.
- Delete all or part of the content or services offered through the site, without prior notice.
- To undertake any legal or judicial action that is convenient for the protection of the rights of both VERANDA and third parties that provide their services or content through the site, whenever it is appropriate.
- To demand the compensation that could derive from the improper or illegal use of all or part of the services and contents provided through the site.
In any case the user must take into account that the materials and links contained in this site may not reflect the most recent information of the services offered by VERANDA.
What is VERANDA’s disclaimer and limitation of liability in connection with the use of this site?
VERANDA is exempt from any kind of responsibility for damages of any kind in the following cases:
- Due to the impossibility or difficulties of connecting to the communications network through which this website is accessible, regardless of the type of connection used by the user.
- For the interruption, suspension or cancellation of access to the website, as well as for the availability and continuity of the operation of the site.
- VERANDA does not assume any responsibility for the services and contents, nor for the availability and conditions, technical or otherwise, of access to them, that are offered by third party service providers, especially with respect to the providers of information society services. Information society service providers are understood to be those natural or legal persons that provide the following services to the public: (a) Transmission over a communication network of data provided by the recipient of the service (b) Access services to the said network (c) Data storage or hosting services (d) provision of content or information (e) temporary data copy service (f) Provision of links to content or search tools.
- VERANDA at no time, assumes responsibility for any damage or harm that could be caused by the information and contents – with a delimiting but not limiting character – provided, communicated, hosted, transmitted, exhibited or offered by third parties unrelated to VERANDA – including service providers of the information society – through a website that can be accessed through a link on this site.
- The treatment and subsequent use of personal data carried out by third parties outside VERANDA, as well as the relevance of the information requested by them.
- Of the quality and speed of access to the site and the technical conditions that the user must meet in order to access the site and its services and/or content.
- VERANDA will not be responsible for delays or failures in the access and/or functioning of the services and/or contents of the website, due to a case of Force Majeure.
- The person using the site will be personally responsible for any damages of any nature caused to VERANDA directly or indirectly, for the breach of any of the obligations derived from these general conditions or other regulations governing the use of the site.
Who owns the intellectual and industrial property rights to the contents of this site?
The contents and services offered through the site – including texts, graphics, images, animations, musical creations, videos, sounds, drawings, photographs, all the comments, exhibitions and html code of the same, without this enumeration having a limiting character – are protected by the laws of intellectual and industrial property. The copyright and economic exploitation of this site belongs to VERANDA and/or third parties.
The trademarks, trade names or logos appearing on the website are the property of VERANDA or, where applicable, of third parties and are protected by current industrial property laws.
The provision of the services and publication of the contents through the site will not imply in any case the cession, renunciation or transmission, total or partial, of the ownership of the corresponding intellectual and industrial property rights by VERANDA and/or its legitimate third parties.
No part of this website may be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, copied, publicly communicated, transformed, in whole or in part by any manual, electronic or mechanical system or method (including photocopying, recording or any information storage and retrieval system) through any medium now known or hereafter devised, without the consent of VERANDA. The use, under any modality, of all or part of the content of the site is subject to the need to request prior authorisation from VERANDA and/or legitimate third party owners and the acceptance of the corresponding licence, where applicable, except for that which is stipulated with respect to the rights recognised and granted to the user in these general conditions or that which is determined in the particular conditions of use of a specific service and/or content offered through the site.
If the guilty or negligent action or omission directly or indirectly attributable to the person using the web site that originates an infraction of the intellectual and industrial property rights of VERANDA or of third parties – whether or not there is a benefit for the same – originates in VERANDA damages, losses, joint and several obligations, expenses of any nature, penalties, coercive measures, fines and other amounts arising or derived from any claim, demand, action, lawsuit or procedure, whether civil, criminal or administrative, VERANDA will have the right to address the user by all legal means within its reach and claim any compensation amounts, including – but not limited to – moral damages and image, emerging damage and loss of profit, advertising costs or any other kind that could result in reparation, amounts of sanctions or convictions, interest on arrears, the cost of financing all the amounts in which VERANDA could be harmed, the legal costs and the amount of the defence in any process in which VERANDA could be sued for the causes previously exposed, for the damages caused by its action or omission, without prejudice to the exercise of any other actions that in law correspond to it.
On the use of links and hyperlinks
The use of links and hyperlinks to this website can only be made if the link or hyperlink is made under the following terms provided in these conditions:
- You should only allow access to the home page of this website.
- For the purpose of avoiding confusion, it is prohibited to load any page belonging to the website in one of the sections of another website divided into frames, in such a way as to cause a distortion in the presentation of this website by inducing confusion (“framing”).
- The possibility of inserting a link does not in any case presuppose a consent to reproduce the visual and functional aspects (“look and feel”) of this website.
- It is also explicitly forbidden to create an environment or navigation bar on the pages that make up this site, without prior authorization.
- Appearance of the link: the hyperlink may only consist of a text. For the use of graphics or logos, a license to use VERANDA graphics or logos must be obtained in advance. In any case, the text must clearly state that it links to this website. In general, the appearance, visual effect, location and, in general, the characteristics of the hyperlink must show that it leads to the VERANDA website and that it is independent and is not linked to the website containing the hyperlink through any kind of collaboration, association, sponsorship, employment or any other type of relationship.
- Any web page that contains a hyperlink to the VERANDA website must inevitably respect these general conditions of use of this website, be characterised by being loyal and legal hyperlinks and comply with any applicable legal provisions and the requirements of generally accepted morality and good customs.
- In particular, authorisation to insert hyperlinks to this website shall be subject to respect for human dignity and freedom. The website in which the hyperlink is established shall not contain information or content that is illicit or contrary to morality and good customs and public order, nor shall it contain content that is contrary to any rights of third parties.
- Finally, it is prohibited to insert hyperlinks to the website in web pages with content, allusions or orientation contrary to or not compatible with those that inspire the VERANDA website.
What is the personal data protection policy of this site?
VERANDA may collect personal data from users of the site through the forms and email addresses published on the site. The processing of such data will be carried out in accordance with the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter RGPD), the Organic Law on Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights (LOPDGDD) and other regulations in force in the field.
How long will this site be active?
The access, contents and services offered on the site have, in principle, an indefinite duration. However, VERANDA may terminate or suspend access to the services and/or content of the site at any time, without prejudice to the provisions of these general conditions or, where applicable, specific conditions governing the use of a particular service and/or content.
What is the validity of these conditions?
These general conditions contain all the conditions established by VERANDA and agreed upon between the latter and the user for the use of this site in relation to the object of the same and any declarations, commitments or promises, verbal, written or implicit, prior to these conditions in relation to the object of the same will be considered non-existent.
The fact that VERANDA does not demand at any given time the respect of any of the conditions established in these general conditions or, if applicable, particular conditions that regulate the use of a certain service and/or content, cannot be interpreted by the user as a renunciation to demand their fulfilment at a later date.
What happens if any clause of these conditions is void or voidable?
In the event that any clause of these general conditions or, where appropriate, particular conditions governing the use of a particular service and/or content, is null and void, in whole or in part, this nullity or voidability will not affect the validity of other clauses of the same, which will remain fully effective and valid, unless the party claiming its nullity or voidability proves that without the clause that is null and void or voidable, the purposes pursued by these general conditions and / or applicable particular conditions cannot be fulfilled.
What legislation governs this policy?
These general conditions are governed by Spanish law.
Which jurisdiction applies in case of conflict?
The parties, expressly waiving their own jurisdiction, submit to the Courts and Tribunals of Barcelona for the resolution of any disputes that may arise.